Thursday, March 12, 2009

An emo post...

Today was a tiring yet fulfilling day for me...

I went out in the morning to support the SPMers, giving them support, helping them, encouraging them, etc.. After that, i went home and managed to call one of them. Then, I went out again to celebrate with them. Then, I went out again to catch up with somebody else. I came home and got a call from another person. I was supposed to go out at night too. But couldn't make it.

I only experienced one day of how a youth pastor/worker do everyday. But I felt drained emotionally and mentally. It will be worse if somebody doesn't listen and obey you when you really really want to help them so much. Now, I understand how youth pastors and youth workers feel. All they want is to see people doing well in life, character and their walk with God. What they want doesn't do them any good. But the people they care for. It hurts them when the young people are hurt. I know that I still do not fully understand what they feel and what they really do. But this is a small part that I observed and experienced. I thought to myself : Is this what I really want to do in life in the future? I know I have a heart and passion for young people. But this is so tiring... I am just 20 years old, but I already cannot take it. When I am 40 can I? But deep inside me I know these excuses should not kill my passion.

Lord, please lead my steps. I only want to do Your Will.

To all the youth pastors and youth workers out there :
I really appreciate what all of you do. I really respect all of you. May God bless all of you abundantly! May your passion for the young people will never grow cold!

4 comments:

Nope said...

The Joy of the Lord is my strength :)

Hui Ying said...

Well said, Brian!=)

DerekTmt said...

Yes it is tiring, tough and even heartbreaking. Even results can be far away over the horizon.
But seeing even one changed life, or a life fulfilling their calling as the result of allowing God to use you to touch them.. its indescribable

Hui Ying said...

Thanks Derek!...